Old Lady story
The Old Lady
The story of a saviour
A couple of days ago, I tripped on a ledge in a rush to get to my bus-stop and scrapped my knee. The scrape wasn’t too bad, but it was bleeding and stinging pretty bad. I wished that I could get a tissue or something like that so I could wet it with some water and wash the wound and stop the bleeding. I kept my hand on it to try clot the blot and stop the flow, but I wasn’t too successful. I came to the conclusion that I would just have to push through my bus ride and when I get to school, I would go to the sick bay and get my knee treated. I got on my bus and then, like an angle sent by God himself, there was an old lady.
It is a general rule of thumb that old ladies have a bag, and it normally contains the following, a water bottle, hand sanitiser, a phone with a a really chunky case and most importantly, tissues. All I needed to do was go up to her and ask if she has any tissues and the conversation went as following.
Me: “um, uh, excuse me, do you perhaps have some tissues?”
Old lady: “yes why”
*Shows knee*
Old lady: “Oh of course sweetie here you go”
Me: “thankyouthankyouthankyou”
Old lady: “No problem, tell me if you need anything else, alright?”
She handed me two tissues which I wet with some water to clean my wound. The old lady had advised me to, when I get to school, see the nurse and get some alcohol to thoroughly clean the wound but when I got to school, I was just overwhelmed with a sense of arrogance mixed with laziness I thought “eh I’ll be fiiiine” and just didn’t go, thankfully I wasn’t punished by this choice.
Although it continued to sting for about half an hour, eventually a scab formed around it and it stopped hurting and a couple of days later I saw her on the bus again. She asked how my knee was and asked if I put some alcohol on it and, like the snake I am, lied and said I did. I showed her my knee and she seemed pleased that I had healed.
When I told my dad about this his response was “Great! You finally have something good to blog about!”
I didn’t reply with words, just a smile and a nod was all I needed to get my happiness across.
Hi bud idk if you will see this but how are ya going? I have a catchup with aubree (yes just her) tomorrow wish me luck!
ReplyDelete